Re: [dash-dev] Naming convention for core DOMs?

Right now, EclipseMonkey 'hard codes' Rhino as the scripting engine, therefore defining a DOM entry point. If I undo that, then if language is not specified, then technically there is no DOM until a language defines it. So perhaps the core 'dom' is not bound into a namespace, but the language itself places it into its own DOM.

For example, without Rhino around, where would 'Resources' be placed -- nowhere other than a Java object that makes it easy to get to resources. _javascript_ extension would then create 'resources' into the global namespace. They could 'ask' the core object what the preferred DOM 'variable name' is so all languages use the same name.

Paul Colton
aptana.com | aptana.tv