Re: [dash-dev] install error

On Jul 16, 2006, at 6:15 AM, aliban wrote:

hello,
finally install worked. I had the wrong URL for update manager.

Ah. Thanks for the update, no pun intended.

However my second question remains:
How can I add a javascript engine/Eclipse Monkey to my RCP?

At the EclipseCon scripting panel this year at least five different applications of scripting were identified. We're only doing one of them. That doesn't mean our work won't apply to others, just that we don't have any instructions on how to do it, nor have we tried.

I'm happy to answer specific questions but I just don't know where to start with your question. For example, does your RCP application have a menu bar in which the Monkey menu will appear? Does it have a text editor in which the scripts can be edited? If so, then, sure, Eclipse Monkey will be handy for putting scripts in that menu.

aliban wrote:
Hello,
I followed the instructions for installing the monkey I found at
http://www.eclipse.org/dash/monkey-help.php?key=installing
However installation failed with "Update operation has failed".
I am using newest eclipse 3.2. Can you tell me what's wrong?

Another question:
In my eclipse RCP application I want to add support for scripting. The user should be able to influence the behaviour of the RCP application by
writing scripts, in example open an editor and load a file or use a
special java function that is available in a .jar (java library) that is
delivered with the application. Can such a feature easily be added by
using the eclipse monkey?