Re: [dash-dev] install error

On Jul 16, 2006, at 3:42 AM, aliban wrote:

Hello,
I followed the instructions for installing the monkey I found at
http://www.eclipse.org/dash/monkey-help.php?key=installing
However installation failed with "Update operation has failed".
I am using newest eclipse 3.2. Can you tell me what's wrong?

Hmm. We've had no trouble installing Eclipse Monkey on 3.2. What step were you on when you got the error?

Another question:
In my eclipse RCP application I want to add support for scripting. The
user should be able to influence the behaviour of the RCP application by
writing scripts, in example open an editor and load a file or use a
special java function that is available in a .jar (java library) that is
delivered with the application. Can such a feature easily be added by
using the eclipse monkey?

Wayne Beaton has incorporated Eclipse Monkey into RCP applications, and we understand that there is considerable interest among others to do likewise, but it is not a capability that we are directly supporting because it is outside of our charter. Please let us know what success you have.

Best regards. -- Ward

Back to the top