[dash-dev] Groovy Monkey Plugin

Hello recently I have had the time and opportunity to dig into the Eclipse Monkey plugin. I really like the simplicity and the potential usefulness ( i.e. with a library of standard doms ). There are two things that concern me. One, I do not like to write in java script and second, I want to be able to cancel running scripts like I would an eclipse job, with a progress monitor.

I know what the response is likely to be: do something about it! Well I did ( at least for the first concern, the second is a work in progress ). I wanted Eclipse Monkey to be accessible to groovy scripts and I hacked it into there. In the process I got a request from people who I asked for help on the groovy mailing list to see what I produced. I was wondering if someone could take a look at it and give me some comments ( besides code formatting issues ), after all this is y'all's baby I have tampered with.

Contact me via email or via this newsgroup and I can give you the results in any format you like, including a patch file, plugin jar, or update site. I don't want to include the patch here as an attachment since with the groovy 1.0 jsr 05 all library, it is about 1.7 mb in size.

Thanks,
James E. Ervin

--
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Back to the top