Re: [dali-dev] entities in jars

Tip: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.classfmt.ClassFileReader is useful in this regard - it reads raw .class files and give you access to the annotations.

Using attached source would be faulty IMO.

/max

Hey Tom,

Could you enter an enhancement request for this? We have discussed it as a possibility in our next release and would certainly like to be able to handle it, time allowing. There are 2 different use cases here, 1 being the case where the jar file has attached source. We would then be able to use the JDT for reading the annotations and include those files in our validation and possibly allow a read-only view onto those files in the JPA Structure and Details views. The other case is class files without source where we would not be able to use JDT to interogate and would have to rely on java annotation api. I don't know the difficulty of this, just something else we need to keep in mind.

thanks,
Karen

Tom Mutdosch wrote:

Hi there,

Is there any support (now or planned) in Dali for entities contained in jar files? I guess I'm mainly referring to support in the model. It would be cool if the IJpaProject.jpaFiles() could find entities in the jar files as well (possibly modeled as a JavaJarEntity). This would be useful to use to find all entities available in a project.

I'm wondering if something like this would be difficult to get working using the existing Dali codebase, or if this would require significant rework.

Thanks
Tom