Re: [dali-dev] Dali 1.0 Package and Plugin Name Change Notice

Another option comes from David Williams in a thread a few months ago:

David M Williams wrote:
Just a tip ... I've sometimes used ... if it would help avoid confusion.
You can "version off" the old project, with a tag such as "vyyyymmdd_finalVersion"  then, delelete everthing in your local copy, except the .project file (perhaps simplified to be "simple project")
and one file, named something like archive.txt, and in that txt file put a description of the current status ... such as
 "moved to <abcd> but left here to keep the history of the files before the move. You can load the
 vyyyymmdd_finalVersion to see the final state and/or get history from there".
They you can commit this "nearly deleted" version in head.

That way, if someone absent-mindedly loads the old version, it'd be more obvious that was no longer the
correct version to be actively working with.

(just don't use "obsolele.txt" as the remaining file name, as that is, by convention, a marker meaning its ok
to remove that project from cvs).

Just a suggestion.

Paul Fullbright wrote:
OK, rename done.  New plugins in the same place as the old.  Have fun resynching; I know I did.

What's left to be done:
    - Features and build need to incorporate renames (Tran?)
    - Cleanup of old plugins.  Exactly how extensive do we want to be?  There are old plugins and old old plugins in old modules in our repository space.  We need complete (but not *too* complete, if you know what I mean) list of what needs to be removed.

- P

Brian Vosburgh wrote:
Yeah - it makes it a lot easier for me to see what I've changed if there's something to compare it to. :-) Otherwise, I'm OK with the plug-in rename.

Brian

From Paul Fullbright <paul.fullbright@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent Tue 3/6/2007 2:56 PM
To General Dali EJB ORM developer discussion. <dali-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject Re: [dali-dev] Dali 1.0 Package and Plugin Name Change Notice

I'll wait until at least after tomorrow's meeting to do any deleting.

- P

Karen Moore wrote:
I'm fine with you continuing on and renaming the plugins now.  Any chance you want to clean out all the old plugins from cvs when you're done?

Karen

Paul Fullbright wrote:
1. Correct

2. My thought was that we determined that there need not be a distinction between testing internal and non-internal code in the test package names.  At any rate, the point is 'moo' (nod to Joey), since we have no non-internal plugin code at the moment.  This can always be changed back, of course.

At any rate, the rename is complete now except for plugin renames.  Should I wait for people to synch before doing that?

- Paul

Brian Vosburgh wrote:
Two things:

1. I don't see ...jpa.core.facet; but I assume that it will be renamed ...jpa.core.internal.facet.

2. I thought we decided that the "internal" node did not need to be used in the test packages; but maybe I missed the final decision?

Thanks.
Brian