Re: [dali-dev] order of generated fields

Hi Neil,

Yes, the grouping as you mention makes sense. I guess I'm largely referring to the basics grouping, and the ordering of fields that fall in that same grouping. For example, in my Customer table I have defined ID, NAME, ADDRESS1, ADDRESS2, CITY, STATE. In the generated Entity, the fields might be generated in the order of ID, ADDRESS2, NAME, ADDRESS1, STATE, CITY. When a UI form is generated from that entity using that ordering, the ordering of the fields do not make as much logical sense as they do in the DB. Could Dali keep the ordering of the fields consistent (within similar groups of course like Id, Basics, etc) as is found in the Database? That is actually what I meant; I certainly agree with ordering of different groups starting with IDs, etc.

-Tom

Neil Hauge wrote:
> The Entity Generator currently orders the fields by the category of mapping. > Id's first, followed by basics, followed by association mappings, etc. This is > probably what we would want to continue with as a default, given that it is a > logical grouping for a human user.
>
> Other ordering options might be possible in future releases. Feel free to open > an enhancement request for this functionality.
>
> Neil

Back to the top