Re: [dali-dev] order of generated fields

Tom,

The Entity Generator currently orders the fields by the category of mapping. Id's first, followed by basics, followed by association mappings, etc. This is probably what we would want to continue with as a default, given that it is a logical grouping for a human user. Other ordering options might be possible in future releases. Feel free to open an enhancement request for this functionality.

Neil

Tom Mutdosch wrote:

Hi,

Using the 0.5 build, when I generate entities the fields do not seem to be in the same order as they appear in the database (as seen via the DTP database explorer). I would expect that the generated ordering would correspond (as some tools use the order of fields for generating UI, etc). I haven't gotten up on the latest Milestone yet (I'm working on it), so I'm not sure if this is still the behavior or not.

Thanks,
Tom