Re: [dali-dev] Problems with generating DDL for ID-Table Generator

Hi Robin,

This is a good question for the eclipse.technology.dali forum, but I can answer it here as well.  This is indeed a missing feature of our DDL generation.  In regard to our roadmap for DDL generation, we are planning to change our implementation to utilize the existing DDL generation functionality contained within the JPA implementations, such as TopLink Essentials or Hibernate.  Since the JPA implementations already contain this functionality, when we switch to using their DDL gen, this feature gap should be resolved, along with several other gaps in our current DDL gen capabilities.

I will update our Milestone Plan and Feature Backlog on the wiki to better reflect this work - http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Dali_1.0_planning.

Neil

De Silva Jayasinghe, Robin wrote:
Hi there!

I just encountered that if I annotate an ID in a given entity with an
annotation like this:

	@Id
	@GeneratedValue(strategy=GenerationType.TABLE, generator = "IDGEN")
	@TableGenerator(name="IDGEN", table = "ID_GEN", pkColumnName = "id",
valueColumnName = "value", pkColumnValue = "1")
	private int id;

For my understanding the "Generate DDL.." wizard should also generate DDL
for the table-generator. Is this kind of a missing feature or is it on your
roadmap?

Best Regards,
Robin de Silva Jayasinghe