[dali-dev] Dali milestone and release plan

All,

The WTP milestone plan has changed a bit over the last month, and it makes sense for us to slightly modify our plans to better align ourselves with WTP 1.5.

Here are the current dates for WTP 1.5, taken from their wiki milestone plan - http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Web_Tools_Requirements_1.5:
RC2 - May 5, 2006 (tiny grace period where any safe fix can be made).
RC3 - May 19, 2006 (component lead approval required for all fixes)
RC4 - May 31, 2006 (planned code freeze, PMC approval required for all fixes) RC5 - June 20, 2006 (PMC approval and adopter sign-off required for all fixes) RC6 - June 28, 2006 Golden Master * Release - June 30, 2006 - WTP 1.5 Release (part of the "Callisto" joint release)

The following is my proposed Milestone/RC plan for Dali:
M3 - May 12th, 2006 (This date stays the same and is dependent on WTP RC2)
M4/RC0 - June 4th, 2006 (Feature freeze - final feature iteration, dependent on WTP RC4) RC1 - June 21st (Code freeze, approval needed for bug fixes after this date, dependent on WTP RC5)
RC2 - June 28th (0.5 Release - dependent on WTP RC6)

From June 5th-21st we will fix bugs based on their priority in bugzilla. I will be going through the bugs to assign an initial priority. Priorities are debatable and should be discussed on the mailing list as necessary. Enhancement requests should also be reviewed for our final feature iteration.

Let me know if you have any question or suggestions. After incorporating any feedback, I will update the Wiki to reflect these changes, and also post to the newsgroup.

Thanks,
-Neil

Neil Hauge
TopLink Tools