Re: [dali-dev] first commits...

sounds reasonably. I'll try and remember ;)

/max

Guys,

In WTP we adopt the practice of including a bug number in the cvs comment
of every fix.:

[12345] Fixed the code gen performance problems ...

We also have a reporting system then mines the cvs logs and tells us what
fixes went into each build. Since the plan is for Dali to become a JST
component, I think it would be great if you got used to doing this.

This doesn't mean you need a new bug for every fix. You can have bugs that
require many fixes, e.g "Code gen omponent has compiler warnings. Resolve
them."

Also, make sure all contributions from non-committers are logged as
patches to bugs. We need this for legal signoffs. Every company that
adopts your code will also need to trace the pedigree.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

"Max Rydahl Andersen" <max.andersen@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dali-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
02/20/2006 08:36 AM
Please respond to
"General Dali EJB ORM developer discussion."

"General Dali EJB ORM developer discussion." <dali-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[dali-dev] first commits...

Hi guys/gals,

I just committed a very basic fix into the dali project (mainly to verify
that my passwords/ssh still worked).

But just wondering if we should create bugs and get assigned to them
before i go fix stuff or is it just ok for
me to fix little things without syncing via the bug system (which btw.
only contain the entries i just created..)

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate
max@xxxxxxxxxxxxx