[dali-dev] refactorings

Hi Christian and Markus,

Going ahead and sending this out to the entire team.

Just wanted to get the dialog started about what we’re planning on refactoring and how we are going to approach it.  You can add to this list and provide any feedback

  1. Change the java adapters to be an actual EMF adapter layer instead of a 1-1 relationship in the EMF core.
  2. Remove the setters for owned references such as Column.
    1. Currently we have a setter, but this is only used during initialization and shouldn’t be used at any other time.  I know you had mentioned wanted to use null for these references as a way to determine the annotation existence.  I think a better way to do that is to have a flag on the object instead of using null.  I’m seeing problems right now with our UI expecting references like Basic column to never be null, but while the UI is populating, the model is still being initialized.  Right now we can’t initialize these kinds of references because they have to take a java adapter.  This would change if we make the java adapters real emf adapters.
  3. We need to do something to fix the undo problem that we have. Max entered bug #128626 for this and Dirk had talked about how to fix it at our planning meeting in January.
  4. UI bindings from the jsr220 project

I am curious how you plan on changing the orderBy adapter to be an EMF adapter in isolation.  It seems that we will have to have a lot of listeners on the emf core in order to do this.  Would we put these listeners at the orderBy level and then slowly move them up as we spread these changes throughout the model?

Karen

Back to the top