From: dali-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:dali-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Paul Fullbright
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 11:36 AM
To: General Dali EJB ORM developer discussion.
Subject: [dali-dev] Test plugins

All,

I've scoured the cvs servers, and I can find no real "convention" on
test plugin naming, therefore, I suggest that we follow the following
pattern that I *have* seen in several cases.

Plugins:
    org.eclipse.dali (for future 'skeleton' plugin information)
    org.eclipse.dali.core
    org.eclipse.dali.db
    org.eclipse.dali.edit
    org.eclipse.dali.ui
    org.eclipse.dali.utility

Tests:
    org.eclipse.dali.tests (can run all below tests from one suite)
    org.eclipse.dali.core.tests
    org.eclipse.dali.db.tests (if needed)
    org.eclipse.dali.edit.tests (probably not needed)
    org.eclipse.dali.ui.tests
    org.eclipse.dali.utility.tests (can pull existing utility tests into
here)

In addition, most WTP components keep their tests in a "tests" folder
parallel to their "plugins" folder.  We have the plugins folder, but no
tests folder.  I think that should be created and tests moved there.

Any thoughts or discussion on this?

- Paul