[cosmos-dev] SDD Profile QNames...

This is an attempt to solidify my understanding of where, in the deployment descriptor, profile QNames are intended to be used. Also, I’m trying to draw out any behavior implied through the location and usage of profile QNames.

To that end, I’ve compiled a list of attributes and elements that are specified to have a value of QName. Beside each I’ve given a short indication of what I think the intended behavior/action .

{of general type ArtifactType.@type} – action handler (e.g. configure, install, undo, update, use, uninstall)

                InstallArtifact.@type

                UpdateArtifact.@type

                UndoArtifact.@type

                UninstallArtifact.@type

                ConfigArtifact.@type

                AdditionalContent.@type

{of general type ResourceType.@type} – resource modeling/mapping, topology verification

                Resource.@type

                HostedResource.@type

ResourcePropertyType.@propertyName – query resource for property value

PropertyType.PropertyName – resource modeling/mapping, configuration

CapacityConstraintType.PropertyName – validation

ConsumptionConstraintType.PropertyName – validation

PropertyConstraintType.PropertyName – validation

ConditionalPropertyConstraintType.PropertyName – validation

It seems that any “profile handler” implementation would need to support all of the above behaviors.

Bradley Beck
CA, Inc.
Sr Software Architect
Tel: +1-952-232-1720