Re: [cosmos-dev] Registration services and query services

Ashok Deivasigamani wrote:
The current dev guide walks us through the query services implementation for a single xml file (studen - teacher sample)). Is there any implementation on registration services provided in cosmos ? Any dev guide for the same to perform a federation from multiple MDRs ?
--
Ashok Deivasigamani
Hello Ashok,

While we don't have documentation that accompanies this, an example is found in "TestFederatingCMDB" in the demo download. That example demonstrates how to implement a registration service. While this doesn't implement a true federating CMDB, it does serve as a test harness to ensure one can be implemented. COSMOS leaves the actual implementation of federation up to the companies wanting to provide commercial value. One thing that would help in such a federation implementation is a model by which data can be federated. There is the start of such a model that we are beginning to actively develop. For more information, please see http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Reconciliation_Taxonomy.

Hope this helps,
David

Back to the top