Re: [cosmos-dev] Some code that should have been archived?

The Archive directory should be removed from that 1.0 branch, I agree.

Can we legally keep the Archive folder in HEAD, if the code it contains has prereqs to things that are not approved? If it's in CVS HEAD, people can still get to the code.

Hubert H Leung wrote:

Hi David,

I think we can't "delete the Archive folder from HEAD and Cosmos 1.0 streams". The archive folder will stay in the HEAD stream, so we can extract the archived files. In the future, we should only branch what is included in a release to the release branch. For example, the COSMOS-1_0_0 branch should only have files that are in the 1.0 release. I see that the archive directory is also branched to the COSMOS-1_0_0 branch, which is not what I expected.

Regards,
Hubert Leung
IBM Toronto Lab
hkyleung@xxxxxxxxxx