Re: [cosmos-dev] Request approval for bug 252582

<electionSpeak>I'm David Whiteman, and I approve this message.</electionSpeak>

Or, +1

Sheldon Lee-Loy wrote:

I am requesting approval for Bug 252582 Missing axis2 dependency jar file - jettison-1.0-RC1.jar.

1. Explain why you believe this is a stop-ship defect. How does the defect manifest itself, and how will users of COSMOS / consuming products be affected if the defect is not fixed?
Part of the datavisualization code base makes use of org.codehaus.jettison.json.* classes that are not ip approved.
The function that are affected is as follows:

  • displaying graph response in the hierarchical view
  • displaying the registration/deregistration status response

In order to remove these classes we have to rewrite the function to use a different datastructure other than JSONArray and JSONObject.

2. Is there a work-around? If so, why do you believe the work-around is insufficient?
There is no work-around.
3. Is this a regression or API breakage? Explain.
No.
4. Does this require new API?
No new public APIs are required. Just 2 internal classes were created.
5. Who performed the code review?
David Whiteman
6. Is there a test case attached to the bugzilla record?
This test is covered by the E2E test. Also the the status response and graph response junit tests provide the test coverage for this change..
7. What is the risk associated with this fix?
Medium. 2 new classes were created in place of the org.codehause.jettison.json classes. 3 existing classes were refactored to reference the new classes.
8. Is this fix related to any standards that COSMOS adheres to? If so, who has validated that the fix continues to adhere to the standard?
No

Thanks,

Sheldon
Sheldon Lee-Loy
Tivoli Autonomic Computing, IBM Toronto Lab
email: sleeloy@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: 905.413.2610

Back to the top