[cosmos-dev] Re: Resource Modeling Capabilities in COSMOS 1.0

Yes, the list is accurate.  Did you get it from the input to the user's guide?  Perhaps the only thing that needs to be added is a bullet to point out the data center example.

I believe Mark was wanting to reply on any further synergy between SML, COSMOS, and CML, so I will defer on your 2nd question, besides mentioning that CML will be expressed using SML.

David
---
David Whiteman | Tivoli Autonomic Computing
Eclipse COSMOS project committer |
http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/
david_whiteman@xxxxxxxxxx | 919-254-8224 | T/L 444-8224

"Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx> wrote on 05/30/2008 09:12:48 AM:

> Valentina / David,

> I am trying to add 2-3 slides for the new sheriff that details the Resource
> Modeling capabilities in COSMOS 1.0….  I mooched off the list below from the wiki…
> Some questions / requests…

> 1.    Is this list accurate? Or has something be added / deleted?
> 2.    Given the nature of the audience, can you think of some updates below to make
> the info a little more connected to the rest of COSMOS & CML? Specifically,
> references to MDRs and how SML fits into COSMOS overall would greatly help….

> ---------------------------------------------------------Lines below stolen from
> the
> wiki------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> COSMOS provides a rich set of tooling to support working with SML and SML-IF data:
> ·         SML-IF editor - allows you to graphically browse and navigate an SML-IF
> document, and serves as a hub for other SML-IF operations

> ·         SML-IF validator - validates SML documents and SML-IF files against the
> specification schemas and the Schematron rules, ensuring that the syntax and data
> conforms to these

> ·         SML repository - provides a flat-file based repository for storing SML
> documents, including a binding to CMDBf so that query service requests can be handled

> ·         SML-IF import - allows you to import SML-IF files into the SML repository
> as SML documents. These SML-IF files could have been previously exported from
> another COSMOS SML repository or even another management application.

> ·         SML-IF export - allows you to export SML documents from the SML
> repository into an SML-IF file. This is essentially the reverse operation from the
> SML-IF import, and allows data to be exchanged with other applications.

Back to the top