Re: [cosmos-dev] Images & Icons

http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/>. The palette is in
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>.

> Use of icons from the tango-icon-theme module must be attributed to
> the Tango Desktop Project.
>
> Martin (The father of Hello World)

GPL raises a red flag there.  We can't include anything that isn't EPL,
at least not without approval from the IPZilla folks.  Any icons you use
from the Tango base icon theme will have to go through the IPZilla
process if you did not create them yourself.

It's always good to base icons off similar metaphors.  Think about
whether the concept you're representing is similar to one already used
elsewhere in Eclipse, and create an icon that is a variation of it.
Here's a good blog post on icon use in Eclipse:
http://blog.cypal-solutions.com/2008/02/eclipse-icons.html

Here's an interesting proposal for an Eclipse icon exchange:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_UI_Outlet

Ruth might have more to add from her TPTP experience.

David

Back to the top