[cosmos-dev] Release plan and i11 development cycle

Hi team,

On the RM team meeting, we were looking at the COSMOS release plan (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Cosmos_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones) , and Ali pointed out that the development cycle for i11 currently ends on Wed. June 4, and that the i11 test cycle is set for 3 weeks (instead of the 2 weeks we usually allocate in an iteration).  My assumption is the testing block was previously set for 3 weeks because this was originally supposed to be the last iteration of COSMOS 1.0.  Given that we have 3 more iterations remaining in our 1.0 schedule, and that there is still unfinished enhancement work, and quite a bit of remaining defect work scheduled for i11, I propose we lengthen the development cycle by a week so that it ends on June 11, and that the testing cycle be changed to the typical 2 weeks.  Along with this proposal, I encourage teams to try to get in as much of their work as early as possible, so we can avoid the integration headaches we've had in previous iterations, and so we don't cut into the time QA has to test the iteration properly (especially since this is for M3).   One might think that because this is for a milestone build we should use a lengthier test cycle than normal, but I want to point out that for the M2 build we only allocated 2 weeks for testing, and that since i11 has mostly been focussed on stability there shouldn't be much of a need for a longer than usual test cycle.

Perhaps this would be something to discuss on the community call.  Thoughts?

David
---
David Whiteman | Tivoli Autonomic Computing
Eclipse COSMOS project committer | http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/
david_whiteman@xxxxxxxxxx | 919-254-8224 | T/L 444-8224

Back to the top