Re: [cosmos-dev] RE: Design process

I think that's been our process so far... team leads + Mark approve in our design review sessions.  We have been moving in the direction of having the team leads do more for load balancing purposes.

Our process has been that every enhancement requires a design, with its own page on the wiki.    Obviously some enhancments don't require much detail in the design, and will also not require much review time; you can look at some of our past designs to see that not all have a great deal of detail.  But the review is mainly a check and balance to ensure that all the enhancements we work on are consistent with the overall vision of COSMOS.  In the iterative development process, we don't (try to) introduce new enhancements mid-iteration, because the iterations are small enough that you can get the work in the next iteration.  You want to sign off on the work for the iteration at the beginning of it, so that QA, doc, RE, etc. have time to adjust to new requirements.   So my suggestion is that we stick with our current process, and after you've gone through it for a couple iterations, see if that is compatible with your team's needs, and we can adjust based on your experiental feedback.

Thoughts, anyone else?

David
---
David Whiteman | Tivoli Autonomic Computing
Eclipse COSMOS project committer | http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/
david_whiteman@xxxxxxxxxx | 919-254-8224 | T/L 444-8224

Jason wrote on 05/16/2008 04:23:57 PM:

> Good point Mark.  I think having the entire community vote is overkill.  Should we
> choose to do this, I believe the signoff should be at the sub-project team level +
> Mark W.  If each of the various leads are in agreement and Mark W. as the overall
> architect, I don't think we need to go any further than that.

Back to the top