[cosmos-dev] i11 Internationalization Support

Since we didn't have time in the arch call to cover the internationalization issue I'm sending this email.

Right now the COSMOSUI is configured to use the locale of the server that hosts the COSMOS UI web application. As a result users using browser clients with different locale will not see the COSMOSUI in their own locale. If we want users to view the COSMOSUI in their own locale we need to send the locale information from the browser to the COSMOS UI feeds for each request.

This also brings up a question whether we should send locale information to Data Managers. If Data Managers are going to provide a display name, or any locale sensitive information, we need to send locale information to these data managers for each request.

This is fundamental issue that we should resolve.

Thanks,

Sheldon
Sheldon Lee-Loy

Back to the top