[cosmos-dev] COSMOS i10 testing - QA Execution Plan

Title: COSMOS i10 testing - QA Execution Plan

Hi All,

Pl. find QA's tasks for COSMOS i10 testing from 21st April 08 to 2nd May 08, based on i10 QA activities
page ( http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_QA_i10_Activities)

QA Primary Tasks (21 Apr'08 - 25 Apr'08)
1. E2E testing on Windows XP, 2003 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.0 (http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_DEMO_i10 )
2. i10 Enhancement ERs  JUnits/Manual Tests inspection (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Cosmos1.0Features#Iteration_10_Enhancements)

3. Data Visualization - TPTP Manual Tests Execution (DataVisualization.UI.Component.Widget.testsuite / UI.Reports.testsuite)

QA Secondary Tasks (28 Apr'08 - 02 May'08)
1. Execution of i10 supplement E2E tests (Negative)
2. Execution of Limited Performance tests (Operational Efficiency tests)

All above test execution activities and status will be tracked under http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_i10_QA_Phase_Execution

QA Risks
QA has identified some of the risks associated in completion of above test execution activities and are listed below:

1. Build Delay

    • If there is delay (more than 2 days) in providing stable i10 candidate driver for QA, some of above QA's secondary

            tasks will be done post May 2nd.

2. Additional Build

    • if we get another build during QA execution phase for any blocking issues, some of above QA's secondary

            tasks will be done post May 2nd.

In either case, QA will try to complete above listed primary tasks with in given schedule (21 Apr'08 - 02 May'08).

i10 QA Entry Criteria
QA will be able to start it's test execution activities only after following activities are done.

1. Notification from Jagmit to QA with declaration of stable i10 candidate driver, so that QA can pickup the build and start testing.

2. i10 demo instruction page has to be completed with i10 changes (Hubert/David). http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_DEMO_i10

3. Data Visualization TPTP Manual tests has to be updated with i10 changes. (Sheldon/Martin)

Pl. do review all above activities and do let me know if I missed anything to cover for i10 QA execution plan.

Thanks,
Srinivas

Back to the top