Re: [cosmos-dev] http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_QA_i10_Activities

Hi Srinivas,

I was talking with Martin and we discussed the internationalization testing
in i10.    The data visualization project completed bugs to support
internationalization.  That is, we externalized some of the widget string
to resource bundles.   However, there are still some areas in the data
visualization code that should externalize strings.  This effort will be
tackled in i11.  Note that we are just externalizing the strings and not
translating the strings.  The translation effort would be done sometime in
a future iteration.  This was discussed in the COSMOS summit on Friday.

For i10 QA just needs to verify that the English strings are presented
correctly in the UI.  This will verify that the English strings are read
from an externalized resource bundle.  In i11, QA would go through the same
verification test.   Note that we can't test other languages until we
translate the resource bundles.

Thanks,

Sheldon

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Sheldon Lee-Loy

             "Doma, Srinivas
             Reddy"
             <SrinivasReddy.Do                                          To
             ma@xxxxxx>                "Cosmos Dev"
             Sent by:                  <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             cosmos-dev-bounce                                          cc
             s@xxxxxxxxxxx             "Bathini, Raghuveer"
                                       <Raghuveer.Bathini@xxxxxx>,
                                       "Adivishnu,     Kishore"
             04/02/2008 12:00          <Kishore.Adivishnu@xxxxxx>
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       [cosmos-dev]
                                       http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_QA_i
             Please respond to         10_Activities
                Cosmos Dev
             <cosmos-dev@eclip
                  se.org>

All,

Could you Pl. review i10 QA Activities page (
http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_QA_i10_Activities) and post your comments
over http://wiki.eclipse.org/Talk:COSMOS_QA_i10_Activities

This page is more or less same as i9 QA Activities page, however there were
few things which were deferrerd in i9 may come

into i10 QA scope.

>From QA side, we were expecting some inputs over below items:
1) Java Considerations
- Is IBM JRE has to tested for Linux ?
- Also which JRE (SUN/IBM) versions QA has to use ? Is it SUN JDK 1.5.0_15
?

2) Tomcat versioning
- In recent mail chain, there were some discussion over tomcat versioning ?
Do we need to test higher/lower version of tomcat as well ? or just tomcat
5.5.25 ?

Thanks,
srinivas