[cosmos-dev] CVS access for some non-committers (i.e. for active contributors)

Team,

An out of the box thought pertaining to the COSMOS (or perhaps the Eclipse) Development Process…

Currently, non-committers are not allowed ANY access to the core COSMOS secure artifacts (i.e. the portal / CVS…).  Even though there are “workarounds” to the CVS restriction, it has not been easy for non-committers (specifically contributors) to work with the COSMOS codebase.

What if active contributors, PRIOR to becoming committers, be allowed CVS access?  Obviously, Eclipse portal access can come later…  Or would this be a gross violation of the COSMOS / Eclipse…

I state this due to the recurring issues we have had BOTH with Development and QA Staff not being able to work with CVS.

Thanks,

Jimmy Mohsin

Cell   +1-609-635-1703

Back to the top