RE: [cosmos-dev] RE: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Talk:COSMOS_QA_i9_Activities

Hi Jimmy,

I added the following comments to the talk page.

Under the "In scope platforms, OS's & configurations" section we should
test the following browsers:
*FireFox 1.5+/Mozilla
*Internet Explorer 6.0+

Shouldn't the results from the test cases be published and persisted?  How
is this going to be accomplished?  So there's going to be two types of
tests.  Tests that are run by the developer and tests that are run by QA.
Is there going to be an overall test report or are we going to have two
separate reports?

Maybe QA can attach the word document to a TPTP manual test and check the
manual tests in CVS.  This also assumes that QA has CVS access. The test
results can be recorded  and reported on.  However I think there's still a
question how the tests should be organized and named.  We should follow
some naming convention so that one can associate a test with a particular
ER.

Suggested Naming Convention:

<ER #>_<Sub Project>.testsuite
Note Sub Project is optional

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Sheldon Lee-Loy
Tivoli Autonomic Computing, IBM Toronto Lab

             "Devine, John T"
             <John.Devine@ca.c
             Sent by:                  "Cosmos Dev"
             cosmos-dev-bounce         <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Doma,
             s@xxxxxxxxxxx             Srinivas Reddy"
                                       <SrinivasReddy.Doma@xxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             02/12/2008 03:33          "Adivishnu, Kishore"
             PM                        <Kishore.Adivishnu@xxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [cosmos-dev] RE:
             Please respond to         http://wiki.eclipse.org/Talk:COSMOS
                Cosmos Dev             _QA_i9_Activities
             <cosmos-dev@eclip
                  se.org>

The platforms, OS versions & configurations are fine in my opinion, as is
the in scope and out of scope QA activities in the next section.

Jack