Re: [cosmos-dev] Re: Balan Subramaniam out on family leave

Jimmy,

I asked Tania to add time in the Community call so that we can discuss the process changes that the team discussed during last Friday's RE call. I think that it's key that we discuss with the community all of the "Process Change" items documented in the build wish list. If there's agreement, then ideally we should act on them starting next week.

For 216210, I think that's more than documentation. I think that we need this defined so that everyone knows what operating systems to test on. We need this defined up front.

For 216211, the build wish list was restructured to show the sub-items that need to be covered to address this. You'll notice that the first three points are now headings in the build wish list page. The fourth point I omitted because I couldn't see an action to do for it that wasn't covered under the actions of the first three points. Most of the work to address these are the process changes that I'd like to discuss in the Community call. If you have a chance, take a look at the http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_RE_AND_BUILD_WISH_LIST and we can discuss in the call tomorrow.

--Ruth.

Ruth Lee
IBM Toronto Lab
ruthdaly@xxxxxxxxxx
T/L 313-4453

Tania N Makins <tmakins@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/30/2008 03:45 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx>
cc
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
[cosmos-dev] Re: Balan Subramaniam out on family leave

Jimmy,

During last week's RE call, the team agreed upon the following priorities (see
wiki for full minutes):

1.
Establish a process for running JUnits against a COSMOS build - 215135
2.
Enable anyone to run COSMOS build (move build to Eclipse server, complete build documentation) - 206374, 216499, 216211
3.
Send notifications of problems with daily builds (build breaks, missing copyrights and about.html files, etc.) - 210263
4.
Refactor Packaging - 216169

Assignment of this work will be discussed during this Friday's RE call.  I think
216210 should be assigned to Rich Vasconi since the primary output of this is documentation.  Of course, Rich will need input from development, RE and QA.

Tania

   Tania N. Makins, PMPĀ®
   Project Manager, AC Open Source Components
   IBM Software Group - RTP, NC
   Office: (919) 254-8430  T/L: 444-8430
   tmakins@xxxxxxxxxx

"Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx>

01/30/2008 03:28 PM

Tania N Makins/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
cc
"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Balan Subramaniam out on family leave

Tania,

Since Balan is out on family leave, I just wanted to point out that there are 3 ERs needed from Release Engineering for i9:

215135 enh P1 All bsubram@xxxxxxxxxx Establish a process for running JUnits against a COSMOS build
216210 enh P2 All bsubram@xxxxxxxxxx Define COSMOS 1.0 hardware & software operational guidelines, recommendations, and best practices
216211 enh P2 All bsubram@xxxxxxxxxx We need an ongoing build process to facilitate a continuous test loop

I bring this up since these ERs directly impact the i9 closure.  If it helps any, we can defer 216210 to i10; but 215135 & 216211 are still needed…

Thanks,

Jimmy Mohsin

Cell
+1-609-635-1703