RE: [cosmos-dev] COSMOS demo presentation

Thanks a lot, Don!

I made all the suggested corrections.  Ali had also found some of those earlier.

Mark wrote the steps on slide 4, so I am guessing at the intent there.  Would you think that the step that is missing words should be written as follows:
  • Navigating to the managed components entry, the System Admin expands the keyset property.

I did notice that "managed elements" was there originally, but that doesn't match what is displayed on screen.

If this change is correct, it and the other changes are now uploaded to the wiki.  Anyone else that was planning to look it over, please make sure you refresh with the most current version from the wiki.

David

"Ebright, Don" <Don.Ebright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/16/2007 06:08 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [cosmos-dev] COSMOS demo presentation

David,

Here are some minor corrections:

First paragraph on slide 2:

Milestone 1 (M1) shows is an => Milestone 1 (M1) is an

Service Modeling Language => Service Modeling Language (SML)

Slide 4: Part of item number 5 is missing and the bullet under this fragment has a couple of extra words:

This node is a represents a =>  This node represents a

Slide 5:

In the fourth non-indented bullet:

on top of data store. =>  on top of a data store.

In the sixth (last) non-indented bullet:

Since the Data Sink is a pluggable => Since the Data Sink and Data Query Service components are pluggable

any type if data store => any type of data store

The major points in slides 5 and 6 should be numbers instead of bullets like slides 3 and 4 to differentiate them from the indented bullets.

Slide 7: The text in the box on the lower left:

SML-IF FIle  => SML-IF File

Finally, I would change the text in the first bullet on slide 6 from this:

The Data Collection component of COSMOS consists of two major pieces, Collection Assemblies and Query Assemblies.

to something like this:

The Data Collection component of COSMOS provides an extensible collection of components which may be configured into a set of Data Collection Assemblies and Query Assemblies.
Regards,

Don