RE: [cosmos-dev] Updated instructions for setting up the DCenvironment

FYI... I got the environment working.

For some reason I couldn't run the ij command with Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05).  I had to use another jre 1.5.

I followed the instructions and there's a couple of issues.
  • If I run the org.eclipse.cosmos.dc.sample.components\persistence_setup\build.xml from the org.eclipse.cosmos.dc.sample.components\persistence_setup directory it assumes the database is in org.eclipse.cosmos.dc.sample.components\persistence_setup\build.xml instead of ..\..\database.
  • The MANIFEST files in some of the plugins refer to com.ibatis instead of org.apache.ibatis

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Sheldon Lee-Loy
Tivoli Autonomic Computing, IBM Toronto Lab

"Hawkins, Joel" <Joel.Hawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/25/2007 03:51 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [cosmos-dev] Updated instructions for setting up the DCenvironment

Hmmm. I think the build.xml is failing because the database directory doesn’t exist. I should probably add a step to create it. ;-)

As for the JPA and TPTP projects, just close them. I proposed in our last DC call that we just mothball them until after our June deliverable.

If you’re going to run tests (I’ve been distracted so I haven’t put that wiki page up yet), just do the following once the runtime is up and cooking:

Start the rmi registry on some port (I’ll use 9999 for this example)

Run the JMX sample: org.eclipse.cosmos.dc.tests.component.fixture.JMXSample as a simple java application. You’ll see Waiting forever...

 on the command line.

From the DC OSgi console:

Osgi> dc load JMXPollingSample.xml

Osgi> dc activate JMXPollingSample

You’ll see samples come in every 2 seconds

Osgi> dc deactivate JMXPollingSample

That’ll stop the collection

Osgi> dc list datasets

Will list all the captured dataset. Mine looks like this:

dc list datasets

DataSet RandomJVM1180107832535

  Source RandomJVM

  Start Fri May 25 11:43:52 EDT 2007

  Stop Fri May 25 11:43:52 EDT 2007

  Flow Application:DemoKeyset

    Type Application

    Dimensions

      Dim DemoKey1

      Dim DemoKey2

      Dim DemoKey3

DataSet RandomJVM1180107910415

  Source RandomJVM

  Start Fri May 25 11:45:10 EDT 2007

  Stop Fri May 25 11:45:10 EDT 2007

  Flow Application:DemoKeyset

    Type Application

    Dimensions

      Dim DemoKey1

      Dim DemoKey2

      Dim DemoKey3

You can then run the query like this:

Osgi> spec query stat StatQuery RandomJVM1180107910415 DemoKeyset "Fri May 25 11:43:52 EDT 2007" "Fri May 25 11:43:53 EDT 2007"

Of course, you’ll have to change the dataset name and timestamps, but you get the idea.

Cheers,

Joel

=00The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it._______________________________________________
cosmos-dev mailing list
cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx