[cosmos-dev] Elevator Speech

Ok, here is my first cut at the elevator speech for COSMOS, so we have something to yell about at the beginning of the phone call. Please feel free to yell by email beforehand.... Specifically, do each of you think that your management would agree that they want to continue to ":invest" in COSMOS with this elevator pitch?

COSMOS is an open source, vendor neutral effort to explore emerging standards in the context of system monitoring. COSMOS is developing a demonstration implementation using those open standards to prove the concepts. Standards being explored are: SML, CML, WSDM..

  Questions:

i) Can we list the specific standards that we are exploring? Or do we want to say "Standards being explored include..." Is my list complete enough? ii) It would be more powerful to say that montoring vendors are cooperating together to do this. Can we? Something like "COSMOS is an open source, vendor neutral effort to explore emerging standards in the context of system monitoring. The effort includes monitoring vendors IBM, CA, CompuWare and GroundWork."
--oec

-- --
Oliver E Cole                                  oec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
OC Systems                                     www.ocsystems.com
9990 Lee Hwy, Suite 270                        (v) 703.359.8160 x160
Fairfax, VA, 22030 (f) 703.359.8161

Back to the top