RE: [corona-dev] Weekly Development Conference Call - Tuesday, May 15 @ 10:00 AM EDT

Corona Development Conference Call: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 @ 10:00 AM EDT

Meeting Minutes

  • Please reply to the dev mailing list for any updates or corrections.

Attendees

  • Dennis O'Flynn
  • Jim Wright
  • Glenn Everitt
  • Joel Hawkins
  • Brian Roberts
  • Pawel Kaczmarek
  • Edyta Kalka
  • Marcin Okraszewski
  • Piotr Jaworowski

Minutes

News and Noteworthy

Dennis

  • In preparation of the RC build cycle, Corona’s source repository has been branched.  The HEAD will be used for post 1.0 (future) development.  The branch will be used for Corona’s 1.0.0RC for Europa.

Marcin

  • Have sent out a team project set for the branch.

Jim

  • Had to select “Add Required Plugins…” to get it working

Glenn

  • Jackrabbit v1.3 has been committed to 1.0RC branch (and HEAD)
  • IP requests has been updated and being processed by EMO.
  • The JCR jar has a vague license.  EMO is analyzing it usage.

Community Building

Release Engineering

Dennis:

  • Europa M7/RC build this week.  Corona will begin its build on Thursday (5/17)

Dennis

  • We should begin using the Eclipse build server: build.eclipse.org.  How soon can we begin to use it?

Marcin

  • Currently migrating build process.  Java compilers are different than internal build machine (Linux/Intel).  Eclipse build machine is Linux/PPC.  IBM java compilers are installed on build.eclipse.org
  • Should have build process migrated by tomorrow.

Corona Frameworks

Server-Side Framework

Dennis

  • What is the status / availability of using WSDM for managing components within Corona?

Joel

  • Two sample bundles have been enabled for WSDM managmenet: Log4j and Derby.  Use those as a reference as to how to enable a bundle for WSDM.

Collaboration Framework

Glenn

  • Continue working on model changes.  Have resynch w/ Piotr’s updates.
  • Having a problem with client-side deserialization of ProjectContainers.  Unable to find “Project” namespace.  However, ContextContainer work.

Marcin

  • Did the “actions” in PCX work?

Glenn

  • Have not been able to use them until the container deserialization is problem is fixed.

Exemplary Implementation (ProjectContainer)

Marcin

  • Few outstanding bugs and UI enhancements have been committed.
  • Recommend we begin using vserver as our team’s Corona server (instead of internal server).

Test Framework

Joel

  • no progress to report

Open Issues

Dennis

  • There are still 32 open issues for Corona 1.0.0.
  • Please work off the bugz items targeted for RC and update the status of each item assigned to you!