RE: [corona-dev] Weekly Development Confernce Call: April 10, 2007

Corona Development Conference Call: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 @ 10:00 AM EST

Meeting Minutes

  • Please reply to the dev mailing list for any updates or corrections.

Attendees

  • Dennis O'Flynn
  • Jim Wright
  • Glenn Everitt
  • Pawel Kaczmarek
  • Edyta Kalka
  • Marcin Okraszewski
  • Piotr Jaworowski
  • Paul Styles

Minutes

News and Noteworthy

Community Building

Glenn:

  • ALF is working on “common services”.  This may overlap with some of the things we are doing.  Sent an email to Paul Styles requesting follow up w/ ALF.
  • ALF is submitting IP request for OpenSAML

Release Engineering

Pawel:

  • Corona 1.0.0M9 was built last week and included in Europa M6+2.
  • Build being updated this week to include “doc” plugin and Derby.

Corona Frameworks

Server-Side Framework

Dennis:

  • Jim and I introduce the use of OSGi Declarative Services.  This requires DS to started via “config.ini”.

Jim:

  • Created a base Corona component that all Corona component services should depend upon.

Brian:

  • What is the value of DS?

Glenn:

  • Enables us to define a finer-grain dependency order for starting up Corona “components” (not just bundles).

Jim:

  • There are still a few components that still need to be converted to use DS.  Expect migration to DS to be completed for M10.

Collaboration Framework

Glenn:

  • Continued work on refactoring the ContextContainer model
  • Need to send out the model for peer-review.  Will provide some documentation to maps the old model to the new model
  • Having learning-curve issues w/ EMF because of limited (non-existent) documentation and/or reference information

Dennis:

  • Do you expect much re-work needed in exemplary implementation?

Glenn:

  • Yes! Some old model items no longer exists as well as the introduction of new model items.
  • Helper / wrapper classes will need the most work.  ProjectContainer UI will also be impacted.
  • Expected everything to break.

Marcin:

  • Those who are most familiar with a component (i.e. SME) should do the refactoring needed to adopt the model changes.

Glenn:

  • I’m not sure the current state of adding Jackrabbit to our public CVS repository.

Edyta:

  • I sent Glenn an email today re: the current JR status.  I get a several exceptions when the xerces plugin (from Orbit) is used.

Dennis:

  • Suggested recompiling JR to use org.apache.xerces from Orbit.

Glenn:

  • Some container events seem to be missing required fields.  The event viewer has empty columns

Marcin:

  • This could be an issue with the fields being shown by the event viewer.  Need to ensure that the field/column names match

Dennis:

* Q: Does the CCX view handle the container shutdown event sent when the Corona server is being shutdown?

Exemplary Implementation – Project

Marcin:

  • Updated content of M10 plan.  Added items for “Project User Experience” and “Project Scope”
  • Need to some sort of authentication / authorization.  Recommend we have some way to have a login dialog

Glenn:

  • Can use just use the HTTP authorization that may be provided by Jetty

Dennis:

  • Security has been a known open issue.  We will need to build our authentication / authorization model based upon Higgins identity management.  Corona plans to address security in follow-up release.
  • Recommend continuing using the JVM “user.name” and assume that user has already been validated by the local workstation (e.g. WinXP, Linux desktop).

Marcin:

  • Need to have some mechanism to automatically add a “guest” user to the TeamMember list

Marcin:

  • May need a wizard to create a ProjectContainer.  If you create a ProjectContainer, the TeamMemberRepository is empty.  Consequently, no user can open the PC.

Schedule

Dennis:

  • Development plan has been updated.
  • Another milestone, M10 has been scheduled.
  • Release Candidate builds are planned for 2 week development cycles.

Marcin:

  • M10 is scheduled for a date that is a conflict in Poland.  It is scheduled for a week that has some national holidays and many committers are planning to take the entire week off.

Action Items

 [All] Updated the status and history comments for those items assigned to you

[Paul Styles] Follow up w/ ALF re: “common services”

[Paul Styles] To test Corona M9.  Will install Eclipse 3.3M6 and use update manager to install Corona client.  Test against internal Corona server.