Re: [corona-dev] Corona's use of SDO and Data Mediator Services- how far?

I did some reading over the weekend and today morning. It seems to be a reasonable idea.

First of all any way of using interfaces makes sense and it is a good step forward. But SDO adds several additional things: it is a standardized way, it provides us with way of serializing those objects to XML, allows data source agnostic way of accessing data, mechanism for updating data (including transfer via XML). Sounds really good.

+1 :)

Should Corona Collaboration framework standardize on SDO Data Graphs for objects in the Corona Client user interface and transferring of objects between tiers in the Corona Framework?

+1

Should Corona Collaboration Framework encapsulate data access to web services, jms, jdbc, xml using the Data Mediator Services returning SDO Data Graph Objects?

I don't exactly understand. If we were to use SDO, then they are created by Data Mediator. So, it seems to be a consequence of using SDO.

Should we also provide an option of returning repository objects as SDO Data Graphs?

+1
I think it would be a good idea. Then each type of repository would have a predefined interface to interact with. Lets take a team member repository: now we don't have defined what kind of objects it returns. If we define the interface of those objects it would define our API, would make use of our API more consistent and easier for people from outside.

Marcin