[corona-dev] Content Adapters - first thoughts

Content Adapters – first thoughts please review.

Sometimes you need to look up information remotely through a web service.  The Context Container can use the Collaboration Server SOA support to access remote information through the use of Content Adapters.  Content Adapters are similar to RepositoryAdapters.  However, Content Adapters typically only access a single object rather than allowing access to an entire repository of information.

A Content Adapter acts as a Data Mediator Service providing an SDO Data Graph object in response to a webservice call.

Should we persist a Content Adapter as a repository-descriptor?

If we persisted a Content Adapter as a repository-descriptor would look like this?

      <repository-descriptor content-type="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/contentTypes/webservice"

          name="MySampleWebServiceContentAdapter" uri="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/repository/CoronaHomePage">

        <description>Web site of Corona project</description>

        <repository-configurations default-configuration-name=" MySampleWebServiceContentAdapterConfiguration">

          <repository-configuration name=" MySampleWebServiceContentAdapterConfiguration ">

            <repository-connection-parameters access-type="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/accessTypes/webservice"

                name=" MySampleWebServiceContentAdapterParameters">

              <repository-connection-parameter name="endpoint" value="http://www.eclipse.org/corona/MySampleWebService/getAdapterData"/>

            </repository-connection-parameters>

          </repository-configuration>

        </repository-configurations>

      </repository-descriptor>

Content Adapter for Web Service holds:

- Web Service endpoint to be called

- A URI identifier for the SDO object returned

Can we create an automatic mapping from Web Service WSDL definition to SDO Data Graph we want the Content Adapter to return?

- the WSDL describes the response information is this all we need to map to SDO Data Graph

- how should information returned from web service be presented