From: corona-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Everitt, Glenn
Sent: Mon 9/25/2006 4:18 PM
To: Corona development
Subject: [corona-dev] RepositoryDescriptor

The name RepositoryDescriptor does not really describe the general way we are trying to allow information to be added to the  ContextContainer.  I was reading about the Eclipse Higgins project and they use the term Context Provider.  It seems that ContextProvider makes more sense for something like a chat server or a web page then a RepositoryDescriptor to be put into a ContextContainer.  I was wondering how annoyed everyone would be if we changed the RepositoryDescriptor to ContextProvider?

It would mean regenerating the model and updating all the code that touched RepositoryDescriptor, but if we change it later the amount of work increases.  Think about it before our meeting tomorrow.

Glenn Everitt

<<winmail.dat>>

Back to the top