[corona-dev] List of Logging Tasks

I went through all of the plugins that I believe are used and looked to see if the CoronaLogService was being used by looking in the plugin’s Activator.  If I found the CoronaLogService being instantiated I checked to see if it was consistently used.  I don’t know how to use the CoronaLogService in plugins without Activators.  We have some plugins that are used as libraries, but I think they still have behavior that needs logged.  We need to figure this part out.  I think we may want to use a different Logging Service for our test plugins.  Currently none of the test plugins are doing any logging just System.out…

The conclusion is we have some work to do.  What I found is below we should clean logging up before we change any more package names because I don’t  want to grind through all of the plugins and create this list again

org.eclipse.corona – CoronaLogService found but needs work

org.eclipse.corona.client.collaboration.event – missing

org.eclipse.corona.client.collaboration.ui – missing

org.eclipse.corona.client.ecf – CoronaLogService found

org.eclipse.corona.client.project.builder – found

org.eclipse.corona.client.project.event – missing

org.eclipse.corona.client.project.ui – missing

org.eclipse.corona.common.collaboration – CoronaLogService found

org.eclipse.corona.common.ecf – no Activator – how do we access the Logger service

org.eclipse.corona.common.project – CoronaLogService found but not used

org.eclipse.corona.container.manager – CoronaLogService found but needs more work

org.eclipse.corona.model.container – missing but generated code, find out if EMF/SDO has another log / debug approach, no Activator

org.eclipse.corona.model.container.edit - missing but generated code, find out if EMF/SDO has another log / debug approach, no Activator

org.eclipse.corona.model.container.editor - missing but generated code, find out if EMF/SDO has another log / debug approach, no Activator

org.eclipse.corona.model.container.project - missing but generated code, find out if EMF/SDO has another log / debug approach, no Activator

org.eclipse.corona.container.project.edit - missing but generated code, find out if EMF/SDO has another log / debug approach, no Activator

org.eclipse.corona.container.project.editor - missing but generated code, find out if EMF/SDO has another log / debug approach, no Activator

org.eclipse.corona.project.container.explorer – found but not used in package org.eclipse.corona.project.container.explorer.actions or views

org.eclipse.corona.project.container.view – CoronaLogService found but needs some work

org.eclipse.corona.repository – CoronaLogService found not bad

org.eclipse.corona.repository.adapter.team – no Activator – how do we access the Logger service

org.eclipse.corona.repository.adapter.wp – CoronaLogService found but not used

org.eclipse.corona.repository.dbms.team – CoronaLogService found but not used

org.eclipse.corona.server.derby – CoronaLogService found

org.eclipse.corona.server.ecf – CoronaLogService found

org.eclipse.corona.server.repository.team – CoronaLogService found

org.eclipse.corona.server.test.container.project – not found, this is a test class does it make sense to log to CoronaLogService or a TestLogService?

org.eclipse.corona.test – not found, this is a test class does it make sense to log to CoronaLogService or a TestLogService?

org.eclipse.corona.test.server.ecf – not found, this is a test class does it make sense to log to CoronaLogService or a TestLogService?

org.eclipse.corona.ui.tools – missing

test.eclipse.corona – not found, this is a test class does it make sense to log to CoronaLogService or a TestLogService?

test.eclipse.corona.common.project – not found, this is a test class does it make sense to log to CoronaLogService or a TestLogService?

test.eclipse.corona.repository – not found, this is a test class does it make sense to log to CoronaLogService or a TestLogService?