Re: [cdt-dev] CMake "Eclipse CDT4" Makefile Generator

Am Mittwoch, 11. Oktober 2023, 21:21:39 CEST schrieb john moule via cdt-dev:
> Hi,

> The generator "Eclipse CDT4" is now deprecated since version 3.27 of CMake:
>
> Eclipse CDT4
> https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/generator/Eclipse%20CDT4.html
>
> Hope this helps anyone who is trying to use this deprecated generator.
>
> The CMake advice is to switch to using cmake-file-api. Is anyone aware of an
> Eclipse Java implementations of this?

CDT uses the compile_commands.json file.
In terms of indexer support (macros, include paths) I see no benefit in
switching to the file API. Reading and parsing a single file instead of
multiple ones is easier and faster.

CDT itself provides a 'Compilation Database Parser' for managed build that
uses the json file.
CDT's experimental cmake support feature also uses the json file.
The (non-eclipse.org) plugin cmake4eclipse uses the same indexer support as
provided by CDT's experimental cmake support.

/Martin (author of cmake4eclipse)
--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr.

Back to the top