Re: [cdt-dev] CMake "Eclipse CDT4" Makefile Generator

Am Mittwoch, 11. Oktober 2023, 21:21:39 CEST schrieb john moule via cdt-dev:
> Hi,
>
> in a previous discussion of the "Eclipse CDT4" Makefile Generator (might
> have been in a CDT Call), the conclusion was it was legacy and no one knew
> much about it or where it was used. Well, recently I came across a use of
> it (in Erich Styger's blog), which I thought I'd share for interest.

AFAIK, Doug Schaefer once stated that cmake's "Eclipse CDT4 Unix Makefile
Generator" write the .cproject file but the structure of the file was never
supposed to be public API of CDT and that newer versions of CDT would not
support those generated .cprojects.

The last time I tried to import such a project, Eclipse did not even recognize
it. It *might* work with the NXP MCUXpresso IDE mentioned in the which is
based on CDT versions that are out of date now (eclipse 4.5).

And BTW, the "Eclipse CDT4 Unix Makefile Generator" generates something that
reallly looks ugly in the project explorer, IMHO.

/Martin
--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr.

Back to the top