It feels like the community is now acting on your recommendations from a few years ago and seems like we are setup for success  as we now have a reasonable number of companies invested in getting this working which bodes well.

Best regards.
Jonah

On Wed, Mar 8, 2023 at 2:46 PM Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey folks,

Just wanted to say the progress on LSP integration is exciting!

If you have questions about things on the clangd side, I'm happy to answer them. I recommend the #clangd channel on the LLVM Discord (https://discord.gg/xS7Z362), I'm pretty active there and in addition to user questions we do get and answer questions from developers bringing new clients on board. The clangd issue tracker also has a Discussion section (https://github.com/clangd/clangd/discussions/) which is closer to a mailing list format and which I've been keeping an eye on as well.

Best,
Nate

From: cdt-dev <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: March 8, 2023 1:24 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Monthly Call

Hello folks,

Here are the minutes to the meeting. Thank you all for coming. We had some new faces today so it was nice to see members of the wider CDT community. Anyone is welcome to join these calls and it is really useful to hear from all of you.

Jonah

Minutes
<https://hackmd.io/vScLX0D8TImnAcv6lf_gzQ?both#CDT-1110>CDT 11.1.0

  *   Jonah gave a status update on CDT 11.1.0, summarized as all in hand for release next week

<https://hackmd.io/vScLX0D8TImnAcv6lf_gzQ?both#CDT-LSP>CDT LSP

  *   Gesa gave a demo of Eclipse CDT LSP - LSP based C/C++ Editor<https://github.com/Bachmann-electronic-GmbH/eclipse-cdt-lsp>
  *   Discussion on how to migrate this into the Eclipse CDT project without affecting the development velocity.
     *   Bringing Gesa and Christian on as CDT committers is required to fully migrate. This is similar to how Martin became a committer<https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.cdt/elections/election-martin-weber-committer-eclipse-cc-development-tooling-cdt> when he contributed parts of cmake4eclipse to CDT.
     *   Action: Jonah to work with Gesa on a plan and timeline
  *   Discussion on making this accessible as early preview to non-Eclipse developers as the current code requires running from source. The early version is already quite
     *   Likely this will happen as part of migrating the code into the Eclipse CDT project where it can be made available on download.eclipse.org<http://download.eclipse.org/> as a p2 site.
     *   Action: Jonah to help facilitate this, probably in alignment with migration plan
  *   Roadmap of CDT for LSP discussed, including items such as:
     *   AST support going forward, clangd provides some AST extensions, can this be exposed to front end in CDT?
     *   Codan support, can Codan and clangd exist simultaneously?
     *   CMake / clangd project natures
     *   Smart importer
     *   Action: Jonah to build on the TODO section in the README<https://github.com/Bachmann-electronic-GmbH/eclipse-cdt-lsp> to give visibility to interested parties what can and what will be done

~~~