Re: [cdt-dev] Cleanup of download.eclipse.org

Hello folks,

This is now in progress. I am just testing some stuff, but it all is looking good. I need to wait until mirroring updates in the next 24 hours to make sure there are no unintended surprises. I am relying on the new 301 response when archived content is accessed via download.eclipse.org.

Please let me know if you see anything broken.

I will be documenting this properly on the Wiki as part of finishing up. However in the meantime there is one thing that may cause an issue - The contents of https://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/builds/ is not really supposed to be consumed long term,i.e. not after a release is made. It made up 50GB+ of our disk usage (out of 70GB). I have not simply deleted this directory, instead it is archived as https://archive.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/old_builds_to_consider_deleting/. I do plan on deleting this, eventually, but in the meantime if you have a build that breaks because of this move and you need that build to be temporarily restored please let me know. I have not moved the CDT 9.10 builds yet. (Note that other projects, such as Platform delete all their old builds right after a release, however it appears CDT never did this as we have old milestone and nightly builds going back to 2007.)

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders