[cdt-dev] Cleanup of download.eclipse.org

Hello folks,

CDT's disk usage on download.eclipse.org has grown to over 70GB - 20GB of which is being mirrored - this is too much and includes lots of old stuff that presumably no one is actually downloading.

The Eclipse Foundation has a process for archiving old items - it gets moved from https://download.eclipse.org to https://archive.eclipse.org.

Please have a look at Bug 546434 c34 for some more background.

My plan is to delete old builds (things that are not releases) and move old releases to archive.eclipse.org - anything from 2017 or earlier. Please let me know if this causes any issues.

Note that all files and update sites will continue to work at their existing addresses, the download.eclipse.org will just redirect to archive.eclipse.org. See Bug 546434 c16.

Thank you,
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham