Re: [cdt-dev] C/C++ Remote Application

As I dig deeper, I'm seeing a lot of architectural issues with the GdbLaunchDelegate. There are a lot of if statements with control couplings making it very difficult to change. I think I'll start by pealing out the remote launch code into it's own delegate and see if that's better.

Doug.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Doug Schaefer [dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 4:21 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] C/C++ Remote Application

I'll also add that the gdbjtag launches are also similar to all this. My scenario of talking to a gdb stub running in a microcontroller is very similar to talking to a gdbstub in a JTAG debugger.

It's probably to short to do ant major restructuring here, but I'd like to keep in mind the longer term goal of introducing ILaunchTarget to all of these and what that would mean about what's partitioned between the target and the launch config.

I think, for now, I'll just focus on my original goal with the remote launch that everyone gets in dsf.gdb.

But certainly would like to hear from stake holders.