[cdt-dev] Anyway to improve gerrit error messages?

I noticed with a few gerrit errors recently that the error logs are very terse.  For example, an AssertEquals with two strings comes back in the gerrit failure simply as: Assertequals failed at line x of file y

IIRC, I have seen asserts in the past show more info such as (found "x" but expected "y")

The Linux Tools gerrit errors seem to have more info shown but it may be due to the Docker testing framework (e.g. full traces are shown).  Is it possible that the configuration is missing something?  You can find the Linux Tools configuration at:

If someone could look into this it would be very helpful in diagnosing test errors.  In the case of meson, a string was altered between meson 0.45.1 and 0.50.1 (the new version used in the container).

-- Jeff J.

Back to the top