From: Liviu Ionescu [mailto:ilg@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 March 2018 18:16
To: CDT General developers list. <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>; William Riley <william.riley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] Managed Core Build

On 28 March 2018 at 20:05:33, William Riley (william.riley@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> migration would need work from the toolchain integrator, both in
> creating the new definition and mapping/converting the options data

please be aware that current definitions might be very elaborate, for example the ARM cross build plugin.xml:

https://github.com/gnu-mcu-eclipse/eclipse-plugins/blob/develop/bundles/ilg.gnumcueclipse.managedbuild.cross.arm/plugin.xml

a similar one is for RISC-V.

so, when you say "would need work...", please be aware that this means a lot of work.

plus that it must be possible to automatically convert all user projects to the new definitions.

regards,

Liviu

Renesas Electronics Europe Ltd, Dukes Meadow, Millboard Road, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire, SL8 5FH, UK. Registered in England & Wales under Registered No. 04586709.

Back to the top