From: Liviu Ionescu [mailto:ilg@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 March 2018 17:40
To: CDT General developers list. <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>; William Riley <william.riley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Managed Core Build

On 28 March 2018 at 19:31:01, William Riley (william.riley@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> My current plan is to work on this system to exist in parallel with
> the current managed build system until we are sure it is stable and
> mature enough to fully replace the current managed build.
> I am going to be working on getting a prototype version ready in the
> next couple of months.

When you say "fully replace the current managed build", do you mean removing it from the distribution? Or simply adding a new build system and preserving the old one?

GNU MCU Eclipse uses many of the existing features of the current managed build, and I'm not sure what the migration path to the new build system would be.

Regards,

Liviu

Renesas Electronics Europe Ltd, Dukes Meadow, Millboard Road, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire, SL8 5FH, UK. Registered in England & Wales under Registered No. 04586709.

Back to the top