Re: [cdt-dev] Managed Core Build

CDI vanished because no one contributed to it and we came up with something that people did contribute to and which they thought was better. Whether that was true can still be debated ☺.

Managed build is heading down the same road. I started Core Build because no one was contributing (and still aren't) to managed build and it is too difficult to take it in the new directions we need. My hope is that simplifying the build system, we can bypass many of its problems and that it would help attract contributors. So far, that appears to be successful.

I think it's cool that so many people and companies have taken the CDT and built great products with it. What's less cool is how few of them have contributed back to help us with it. Hopefully this modernization of the CDT platform will make it easier for them to help and alleviate some of the burden for those who do.

Doug.

Back to the top