Re: [cdt-dev] Proper way to get CDT test plugins

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for clearing that up, I did misunderstand you to mean source
repos as opposed to p2 repos. The test plug-ins are not part of any p2
repo or part of API. Indeed many test plug-ins require the source as
Java files to be accessible (including CheckerTestCase's subclasses,
they call TestSourceReader.getContentsForTest() to get the test
snippets from the comments in the Java file).

While it certainly is technically feasible to publish the Java sources
+ test bundles, I don't think that there is the dev resource to
maintain that and I don't think that the CDT test code should ever be
API itself as it makes refactoring test code difficult.

TBH I have had this problem when providing custom CDT solutions to my
customers. I have simply copied (forked) the relevant test code for
those customers most of the time.

I hope that clarifies things.
Jonah

~~~