Re: [cdt-dev] Using apache.commons.lang3 in CDT

Sounds good to me. Once the CQ is resolved, make sure you add the dependency to the .target file and if necessary, you might need to add it to the debug.product contents as well (i.e. if you add lang3 as a dependency of something debug needs).

Marc-André

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 2:55:21 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Using apache.commons.lang3 in CDT

Hi Devs,

I would like to use Apache Commons Lang3 in CDT. It is already in
Orbit and used by many many other projects. In my work on
http://eclip.se/314428 (Build console is too slow when build output
contains >10000 warnings from a single file.) I need to do some string
manipulations which StringUtils just does for me. I have been in the
same situation a few other times with apache commons, and each time it
is just one or two methods I need, so I have help back. But this has
happened enough times now I want to be able to just use the already
written methods.

I am not sure if I did this right, but I did the Piggy Back CQ 12377,
however I wasn't sure if there was anything else I should do for the
project to get approval for such a new dependency.

Is this ok?

Thanks,
Jonah

~~~