[cdt-dev] CDT call minutes

Hi,

here are the minutes of today's CDT call. Thank you to all attendees.

Highlights:
=======
- Editor annotation hover ready but waiting for CQ (screenshot: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=256421)
- LLDB support posted and on track for 9.1  http://eclip.se/405670 https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/78293
- Summits
    - Ottawa, September 20th, 2016: https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/summitfall2016
    - EclipseCon Europe , October 24th, 2016: https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/summitece2016
- Full GDB console progressing well
    - Enabling console (needs gdb master branch): https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/62920/
    - Separate "GDB Console" view: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/77986
    - Synchronization between gdb console and debug view: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/77896

Full minutes:
=========
* CDT 9.1 release
  * Editor annotation hover https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/68169/
    * Waiting for CQ
    * Screenshot: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=256421
    * Should we turn on by default? Yes.  Will notify the list
    * Improved solution compared to JDT
    * William is looking into fixing things in JDT also
  * CMake support
  * LLDB support http://eclip.se/405670 https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/78293
    * Goal is to provide better debug on Mac
    * Good example of extending DSF-GDB
    * May eventually be interesting on Windows too
    * lldb-mi basically pretends to be GDB
    * not everything is supported though (non nonstop, no reverse debug, ...)
    * new launch delegate to support lldb
    * code available https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/78293
* CDT Summit planning (Ottawa, September 20th, 2016)
  * Open to everyone.  Please add topics to agenda https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/summitfall2016
* CDT Summit planning (EclipseCon Europe, October 24th, 2016) https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/summitece2016
* Full console update http://eclip.se/303808
  * Upcoming GDB 7.12 required.  Should be available in September
  * Marc K finalizing patch to support full console in CDT https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/62920/
  * Marc D working on synchronizing the console and the UI thread/frame selection https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/77896
    * Mikhail has concerns because it proved very unstable when attempted in the past
    * With recent improvements to GDB, we hope it will be much easier to do
    * How do we handle multiple selections?
      * Jonah suggested (based on a customer solution) to bold the selection that matches the GDB one
      * This provides a solution if there is no selection in the DV or the selection is a different launch (but GDB still has one)
      * The bold highlights the whole hierarchy (process->thread->frame)
    * Jonah mentioned a customer he knows has this working properly. Ericsson has a similar experience
  * After repeated feedback that having the full GDB console as part of the console view provides a poor user experience, there is a patch to move it to its own "GDB console" view: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/77986
* Round table
  * Mikhail is concerned about activity on the debug platform that maybe noone is paying attention on CDT
    * When this happens, we should notify the cdt-dev and see if someone can investigate

Back to the top