[cdt-dev] Request to cherry-pick Standalone Debugger enhancment to SR2 branch

A recent bug came in to enhance the Standalone debugger's -a option to allow
optional specification of a pid directly.  Currently, there is no way to specify
a pid and a dialog is brought up each time the -a option is used to allow the
user to specify which executable they wish to attach to.

The change adds an optional pid after the -a option and if specified (and valid)
the dialog step is skipped and the debugger simply uses the pid given.  If the
pid is not specified or is invalid, the normal behavior of opening the dialog is
performed.  Thus, the behavior only changes if the optional pid is specified which
wasn't available before.

This adds API (ok for a minor release) so Marc and I wondered if we can get this into
the SR2 RC2 since we are past API freeze.  It is not a big deal, but would be nice
to be responsive to the end-user.  It only affects the Standalone debugger
and does not change the regular CDT behavior.

The gerrit review is here: https://git.eclipse.org/r/40587

and you can access the bug from there.

Ok to cherry-pick over?

-- Jeff J.